At Apex Facility Resources, we believe that our greatest strength is our people. We are proud of our dedicated team of unique and talented employees who enact Apex values to deliver the right workspace every day.
- What is your job title at Apex?
- What do you think Apex has done well with onboarding and training new employees during these unprecedented times?
Apex has a well-developed training program that covers everything. I meet remotely with the head of my department regularly, and everyone has been very supportive.
- What advice do you have for prospective Apex candidates?
Apex is unique in the industry, so be ready and eager to learn new skills.
- What problems do you solve for clients in your role?
I start by helping them to organize and understand their needs. Then I provide insight, ask critical questions, and guide them in developing their new plan. Last, I make sure everything goes smoothly and that the client is thrilled with the results.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your role at Apex?
I love working with clients, getting to know them, and coming up with the perfect plan together.
- How do you keep a healthy work/life balance?
Spending time with my family recharges me. I am very careful about managing my schedule so that we can get in all of our activities.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
Try to use ‘you’ more than ‘I’ when you talk to someone.
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Tough call. I suppose, overall, I’d have to go with Cuban sandwiches.
- What’s the best place you’ve traveled to, and why?
I visit Japan every couple of years and always have a great time. It’s like a second home.
- What’s your favorite restaurant in Seattle?
Café Con Leche- feeding my love of Cuban sandwiches.
- What keeps you engaged/passionate outside of work?
I love to read about anything and everything.
- If you could do anything and know you would not fail, what would it be?
I’d become a pilot. That’s one thing that fear of failure definitely prevents me from doing.
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I was in a ballroom dance competition once. We got fifth place in the tango. I’m pretty proud of that.